Robert Pattinson and the elephants.
In Water for Elephants, Robert Pattinson plays opposite Reese Witherspoon and Christoph Waltz. The film is the adaptation of the novel of the same title, which was written by Sara Gruen and tells the story of Jacob Jankowski (Robert Pattinson), a student in veterinary medicine whose parents are brutally killed. He abandons his studies and will engage in a circus, where he will cure the animals.
5 Production Secrets
- Sean Penn was to play in the film, but he withdrew. He was replaced by Christoph Waltz, who won an Oscar for his performance in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds.
- The production takes place entirely in Los Angeles. Rumor is that Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart rented a house near the set.
- During the breaks, Robert Pattinson plays with Ava, Reese Witherspoon’s 10 years old daughter.
- Rob has cut his hair for his role and he fully intends to convince the team to Twilight: Breaking Dawn to allow him to keep his new haircut.
- The story is set in the 30s, during the Great Depression. Water for Elephants should be in theaters in 2011, but the studios have not yet given a specified release date.